The Original Tamagotchi digital pet you loved in 1997 is back with the original programming! Raise your Tamagotchi from egg to child to Adult and how you take care of it will decide which of the 7 Adults you’ll get
Feed it, turn lights on/off, play with it, give it medicine, flush after it’s used the bathroom, check it’s health and discipline your Tamagotchi if he bothers you when he’s happy, fed and all cleaned up
Includes Character game where you have to guess which way the Tamagotchi will move next!
Purple marble shell with white ‘Tamagotchi’ and frame with pink buttons, and original programming and characters
Comes with 1 Tamagotchi on a chain to take with you everywhere! Battery (CR2032) included. For Ages 8+
I was pretty excited when the Tamagotchi Mini came out, but it was too basic for my tastes. So I was even more excited to see they had done well enough to bring back the full original Tamagotchi devices. I immediately pre-ordered this black one, and it arrived today (9/30/18).
I definitely recommend it. I’m sure nostalgia is a factor, but it’s fun to have this little device back in stores. Even without reading the instructions it’s easy enough to figure out the controls, so if you used one in the past you should be fine otherwise read the instructions. Keep in mind that while it’s very demanding at first with its hunger/happiness meters draining quickly, that’s to represent it being a baby and once it starts to age a little you don’t need to babysit it as much.
10/19/18 edit: My first guy made it to 18 years before dying and now I’m a few days into my second. I still really enjoy it. I will admit there are a couple quality issues with design – namely sound and the screen. Sometimes the internal speaker kind of “squeals,” but it’s not constant for me and sometimes applying pressure can get it to stop.
Also the screen isn’t perfect and can be a little blurry if looked at straight on, at an angle is when it looks best, and I’ve read online that tightening some internal screws can fix this issue but I haven’t tried to do that yet since it’s not that big of a deal. Just thought these points were worth coming back to mention. Still a lot of fun and I still 100% recommend it! I’m really hoping we get more Tamagotchi or maybe even Digimon here in the West.
I love the old style feel of it… but it dies within 2days! And thats with food play cleaning disciplining… on my 3rd pet ad its a demand little thing…. never got it past 3yrs old and its the same circle blob!
Amy W.C. –
My 11 year old daughter came to me one day and asked me for a Tamagatchi for her upcoming birthday. I thought, “wow that sounds SO familiar!!” Sure enough, it’s the same thing from when we were in high school…the little gigapet that needs constant care and beeps constantly LOL! Anyway for what it’s worth, these things are kind of expensive (to me), but it’s a nice blast from the past!
I’m a 30 years old woman and as soon as I saw this I knew I had to buy it. It arrived quickly and in excellent condition. The Tamagotchi it’s just as I remembered. The instructions are clear and the steps are easy to follow. If you want a trip down memory lane you have to buy one of this.
Becky Thorpe –
It’s so annoying. Just like I remember from 18 years ago. Very happy with my purchase
Christopher Grezo –
This is advertised as the Tamagotchi Orginal (“with the original programming”) including in the photo, but the actual product is actually just the Tamagotchi Mini, which is smaller and only has basic functionality. Basically this is a scam
The media could not be loaded.
I love Tamagotchi! Fact: Tamagotchi is the coolest thing of all time, and it hasn’t changed even after all this time. You guys, it’s about happiness…
You see it’s a combination of digital and real (the software and the egg shaped casing). Until we have full blown VR the novelty will still be there. It’s very ambitious when you think about it. They have simulated a living creature, and effectively. It moves by itself, responds, grows. What is the purpose of the game? What is the value of the egg shaped encasement? it’s to appreciate it, it’s happiness you guys.
Hernan Marrero –
wow, this is worth buying, it brings back memories from when I had them as little and has some improvements like better responsive buttons and runs faster in playing the game.
It’s so amazing to have a Tamagotchi that resembles the ones I had during childhood! This mermaid tamagotchi is so pretty! The mermaid design is only on the front but the back of the shell is a shimmery clear that just pulls it all together. I felt like the screen was a bit darker than the original but compared to the one I had 20 years ago the screen is actually brighter! (Added a picture with my 20 year old tama for screen comparison.)
Amazon Customer –
It’s a tamagotchi, got it for the nostalgia. Turned it on, bored within minutes. Like the good ol days, put the creature it down because I’m a busy lady.
These are not original tamagotchi as the back of it 1st off says 2017 which I understand it’s probably very hard to find something that was made back in 1996 or 1997 in large quantities, I take very good care of these things this is now my 2nd return hoping that generation to would have been better it will not go past 3 years of age with full health full food fully happy fully maintained these are defective they are not like they used to be in the 90s, Therefore they should not be advertised like they were the original tamagotchi from 1996 and 1997 because these are definitely not yes maybe they look like it but they definitely are not programmed the same very very disappointed
This is an exact remake of the originals! It is great for nostalgia for those of us who were around for the dawn of virtual pets. It’s like they took those original pets and put them in prettier cases. This one is very pretty! I want to address two issues I have seen mentioned in reviews for this new release. First, I have read they lack features that the originals had. No, the technology and software is identical to those originally released. These are simpler than the subsequent releases that some people may be thinking of. I have also heard people complain that the sounds are weird… It is the same pitchy beep that the originals had. Don’t forget that these are essentially re-releases of old technology! I love it a lot, I loved these as a kid and have always been hopeful Bandai would make them again and it is great to have the exact same toy I had as a child. 5 stars!
The Original Tamagotchi – Gen 2 – white with hearts
* Annoying Nostalgic!
* Adult life friendly : “Pause” function
* Silence option that doubles as a battery saver by dimming backlight
* Great tool for : Covid isolation, boredom, anxiety, ADD, and routine change!
* Amazon sells tamagotchi’s for : $20-$60 depending on what Generation/version you pick
* There are A-LOT of colours/patterns/textures and even minis! – games/characters/care requirements change with each Gen/Version
Gen 2 – Staying Alive : Tips & Tricks & secret character – ZATCHI
* 1 day = 1yr for tamagotchi after yr 1 and max life span is 20yrs, most end by 10yrs = 10 days
* Egg – 5min to hatch = Baby stage.
* Baby 0-1yr – base wt: 5lbs, 1hr b4 it evolves to yr 1, requires immediate and constant care/attention within the hour before evolving
* Child 1-3yrs – base wt: 10lbs, up 9am – 8pm, care/attention required roughly every 1hr, discipline/missed care determines teen, will be in this stage for 2-3days before evolving. *near to perfect care = Tangaritchi teen – need for secret character!
* Teen 3-6yrs – base wt: 20lbs, up 8am – 9pm, care/attention is required roughly every 2hrs in this stage, start with 0% discipline will only become *Zuccitchi adult – only one that can evolve to *secret character so ignore the 4 calls for discipline, will remain teen for 2-3 days before evolving to adult at 6yrs.
* Adult 6yrs-9yrs/ max 20yrs. – base wt: 30lbs, *Zuccitchi – up 11am -11pm, care/attention required roughly every 3hrs, *only fill hearts when they are 50% empty, 50% discipline max, ignore to avoid going over, special evolution occurs at age 9 – 12yrs, if no change by then it may not evolve and life span is up to 20yrs before death/restart
* Secret Adult 9-12yrs – *Zatchi – base wt: 30lbs, up 11am-11pm, just care for it as best as you can, life span is 20yrs max!, care/attention required roughly every 3.5hrs
* At death you can restart and try other methods for other characters 🙂
* Food : burger = 1 food heart and 1lbs gain – will stop eating when full
* Snack : cake = 1 food heart, 1 happy heart, and 2lbs gain- tamagotchi will always eat this – will cause illness/obesity, do not over feed!
* Activity game : high/low number guessing game – a 3/5 win earns 1 happy heart and burns 1lbs and 1 food heart, 5/5 wins = 2 happy hearts, burn 1 food heart, loose 2lbs, if you lose your tamagotchi becomes hungry and unhappy, and it does not loose any weight !
* Discipline is required for growth, tamagotchi will call out when it doesn’t actually need anything which is a no no for a good character growth. The fuller the bar the better your character, but remember Zutchi adult can only be evolved by a Zucchini adult and tangaratchi teen!
* Tamagotchi may get Sick before evolving make sure you treat it right away to avoid death or a runaway!
* Once a fully grown adult your tamagotchi can return to its home planet at any time it chooses aka death/restart, this could happen as early as 6 days in depending on care/character