Buy on bestbuy.com
14 15/16 inches
11 3/4 inches
14 1/2 inches
33-Lb. Portable Ice Maker
– June 12, 2021
Take a step in the right direction for easy solution to going to get ice at convenience stores, your broken ice maker, or potential flooding problems from leaking ice maker, or replacing those expensive water filters for your fridge!! Bought the insignia ice maker and have not been happier in a long time with how an appliance solved the problem. Stop your troubles concerning ice at your house, patio, and around the house or apartment.
– June 27, 2021
Love my new ice maker it’s amazing in every way makes ice fast and easy, it’s countertop design is great for small kitchens live the ice size it makes 3 different sizes
– July 1, 2021
This machine is a beast. It works better than advertised. It takes up very little counter space and produces large amounts of ice quietly and quickly. It will really come in handy this summer when we’re trying to entertain. I would highly recommend this product.
– July 4, 2021
It’s amazing love it make ice very fast a little noice but not that bad is a little big but not that bad but is really nice n does the job right love it
– July 5, 2021
If your ice maker is broken or you keep running out of ice, this machine can help. I put it in my mudroom just a few steps from my kitchen. It is easy to refill, drain and clean the water reservoir. I hold a towel under the basket as I dump the ice into my (broken) ice maker storage so it can be dispensed through the door ice dispenser. Lights on the front indicate when the basket is full of ice and when it needs more water. We have retired our ice cubes.
– August 12, 2021
– Ordered online, fast free shipping and even found a promo code online for a discount.
– Added the Geek Squad Protection Plan for 2 years and $15. I’ve spent way too much time ready reviews for this type of ice machine there are an endless number of reviews saying their units worked for a few months up to a year before it started having problems.
– Was a little nervous to buy this since there weren’t any reviews yet, but the smaller ice maker made by Insignia had such great reviews I’m hoping that this one is just the same.
– User manual says to wait only 1 hour before plugging in on a level surface to allow the refrigerant fluid to settle. I’m glad I looked because you normally are told 24hrs. with a refrigerator.
– Comes very well packed in the box. After removing the Styrofoam, the machine is covered in a plastic bag. After removing that, there is a thin blue film that is on the stainless steel parts but comes off very easy.
– You need a three prong outlet. The plug is at a 90° angle, so the plug doesn’t stick out as far from the wall but the cord does cover the bottom outlet is using the top one.
– When first opening the lid, there is a strong plastic smell. There were 3 pieces of tape that need to be removed, 2 holding the ice tray and shovel, and one holding the ice scoop/flap closed.
– Manual says not to use vinegar on the internal parts, so I am trying dish detergent and hope that works. I’d recommend doing the first few steps next to your sink since you need to rinse and clean the inside and also need a place to drain the soapy water.
– There are two max fill lines inside the reservoir so it makes it easier to see and I could also double check that my counter was level when it is filled with water.
– First time turning it on, reservoir took about 50 seconds to fill and then about 8 minutes more to make the cubes and dump them. There is also plastic smell coming from the fan/vent area, assuming this will go away after a few cycles.
– Second cycle, the reservoir filled up in about 30 seconds but took almost 10 minutes for the ice cubes to be made and dumped, although the cubes were much bigger and I got all 9 cubes, whereas the 1st cycle I only got 8.
– During the fourth cycle, I could hear the fan start up for a few seconds and then shut off. It did this about 5-6 times before the compressor finally kicked on and then everything ran normal. Hope that is normal and only happened because it was a little warm.
– So far so good, only time will tell but very happy with the purchase up to this point.
I had a video to post but apparently they only allow photos.
– August 23, 2021
I wish I would not have waited as long as I did to buy one of these. Its so convenient and easy. It makes more than we can use so we bag it and keep in the freezer for the cooler. I placed it on top of the beverage cooler for added convenience.
– August 29, 2021
I would recommend this to friends no complaints about machine
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Not that bad
Your Review *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Please note, some of the links on Scoopdeals are affiliate links which help support the site by earning a small commission.